Sunday 6 September 2015

Hameg M203-6 Repair: Jobsa Good'un - VB#5

So I finally fixed it! MINT!

So the opto had gone bad! its very strange how one day its ok and the next its just not working and all because that opto thought: "nah, not today chief, I'm retired!"

I do burble on a bit about high voltage supplies and my experience with them in this vid so, feel free to spool through, but I'm not implying that you should let your guard down when probing high voltage.

Any way I haven't really got anything else to video coming up, so this may be it for a while.

I think in October I might see if I can go mud plugging, pay and play, so I may post a video just showing some off-road footage. See who's open and fancies a play.

In the mean time, I will post up what I did to convert that torch to LED from filament, it isn't neat, it isn't cutting edge, but it will make your charge go further, which is a blessing when your stuck under a vehicle on dark winter nights.

Stay safe, observe care, and keep your peepers on m'blog!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment